Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cat(s) in a Box

We have a new toy in the house. Or, should I say, a non-toy that both cats seem to find completely and utterly fascinating. It's a....cardboard box!

Kitty knows that she's definitely NOT allowed on the kitchen counter (notice the spray bottle directly to her right, used for attacking her when she does just that) And yet:

Although I was slightly annoyed, I couldn't help thinking it was ridiculously cute. So, instead of yelling at her to get down (sorry Kyle), I picked up the box and placed it on the floor, then went about my business. Approximately 20 minutes later, I come back into the kitchen to find this:

It seems the box is just the perfect size to get all snuggled up in. Turns out Victor thinks so too. He joined Kyle and I in watching Star Wars last night, and kept the following position for almost the whole movie:

In my humble opinion, there are two important lessons to be learned here.
1. Never undervalue the value of a cardboard box. (I learned this lesson early on in life, when my favorite childhood activity was scooting around the family room carpet in an empty diaper box)
2. Never purchase this. It's just not worth it! Cardboard is so much more cozy.

1 comment:

Elke Wagle said...

hmmm reminds me of a fuzzy night at the lakehouse....